Already Authorized? Log in to purchase
Wash hands thoroughly before using Upneeq ®. Shake the vial well before inserting drops.
Step 1: Cut open the foil wrapper and remove the single-use vial
Step 2: Apply one drop of Upneeq ® in each affected eye as directed, once a day.
Do not let the tip of the vial touch your eye or any other surface. Vials should not be re-used after opening and should be thrown away after applying drop(s).
Upneeq ® should only be used as directed.
- Ptosis may be associated with neurologic or orbital diseases such as stroke and/or cerebral aneurysm, Horner syndrome, myasthenia gravis, external ophthalmoplegia, orbital infection and orbital masses. Consideration should be given to these conditions in the presence of ptosis with decreased levator muscle function and/or other neurologic signs.
- Alpha-adrenergic agonists as a class may impact blood pressure. Advise UPNEEQ patients with cardiovascular disease, orthostatic hypotension, and/or uncontrolled hypertension or hypotension to seek medical care if their condition worsens.
- Use UPNEEQ with caution in patients with cerebral or coronary insufficiency or Sjögren’s syndrome. Advise patients to seek medical care if signs and symptoms of potentiation of vascular insufficiency develop.
- UPNEEQ may increase the risk of angle closure glaucoma in patients with untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Advise patients to seek immediate medical care if signs and symptoms of acute narrow-angle glaucoma develop.
- Patients should not touch the tip of the single patient-use container to their eye or to any surface, in order to avoid eye injury or contamination of the solution.
UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution),
0.1% contains oxymetazoline hydrochloride, an alpha adrenoceptor agonist. UPNEEQ ® is an aseptically prepared, sterile, nonpreserved ophthalmic solution. Each mL of UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) 0.1% contains 1 mg of oxymetazoline hydrochloride, equivalent to 0.09 mg (0.09%) of oxymetazoline free base. The ophthalmic solution contains the following inactive ingredients: calcium chloride, hydrochloric acid (used to adjust pH to 5.8 to 6.8), hypromellose, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium acetate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, and water for injection.